1) MDA Telethon: Labor Day just isn't the same anymore without Jerry Lewis hosting the annual extravaganza. When Mike and I have our inevitable bitter breakup, I want us to be reunited by Frank Sinatra on national television.
2) The Loch Ness Monster: We don't care what any fancy report says, it'll always be a monster to us, not a dumb, old eel! That is, we can't say definitively that he is not a monster, and the probability is that there is evidence to indicate it may be a possibility...
3) The Carol Burnett Show: The show was the subject of a cool podcast episode from Closer with author Wesley Hyatt, and Roku Channel just added an assortment of episodes from the series' first five seasons.
4) Star Trek: Both the Original Series AND the Animated Series premiered on the SAME DATE--today--in 1966 and 1973 respectively. COINCIDENCE?
Wait, no, I mean...
5) Archie Bunker's Place: Antenna TV celebrated the series' 40th anniversary this week.
6) Alan Thicke: I just want another excuse to post this:
7) Willie Tyler: Happy 78th birthday to Tyler, and we also give a shout-out to Lester. Yeah, that sentence isn't very impressive in itself, but I didn't move my lips when I wrote it.
8) Heather Thomas: Happy birthday to Ms. Thomas, and who wouldn't jump off a tall building for her, amirite?
9) Bob Newhart: The comedy legend turned 90 this week, and Decades is celebrating all weekend with The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, and Bob. What, no love for his obscure series BN?
10) The Rockford Files: Amazon's free ad-supported streaming service IMDB TV added the classic series for September.