We still miss ya, Dick Clark:
2) 1983 Sugar Bowl: One of my earliest bestest sports memories is seeing Penn State win the National Championship (often called "mythical" in the pre-playoff days) by beating Georgia on New Year's Day 40 years ago.
3) Superman: The Movie: Let's continue to look back to my childhood even as we look ahead to a new year. This recent upload gives me goose bumps by summoning my feelings of watching the movie on ABC back in the day:
4) Jackie Gleason: And why not include yet another favorite of my youth? Gleason made it into some of "My Favorite Things" this week and was viable well into the 1980s:
5) Columbo: COZI TV celebrates its 10th anniversary this year, and it begins today with a marathon of Columbo. More to the point, longtime readers of this feature should know Cozi has finally dropped COZI CONDENSED BOLD from its homepage.
6) Good Times: If comedy is more your thing, TV One has a Times marathon today.
7) Safecrackers: I saw this intriguing (I didn't say great) game show pilot on Wink Martindale's YouTube channel:
8) Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!: If this had come out 15 years earlier, would it be a perennially viewed classic?
9) Rose Bowl: 50 yeats ago today, USC thumped Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.
10) R.I.P. Barbara Walters:
Roberto Clemente: Let's take a moment to remember baseball legend Roberto Clemente, who died 50 years ago today while on a humanitarian mission.