We're still basking in the glow of the Season 8 Batty Awards, also known as The Biggest Night in Vintage TV Podcasting.
1) Columbo and Peter Falk: Did we mention how much we love the character and his show? Only about a dozen times, eh?
2) Robert Culp: Genius. 'Nuff said.
3) The Brady Bunch: We had a spirited discussion of the series to open season 8, and the iconic but not universally respected series took home an impressive 4 Battys, led by Bobby Brady's spectacular night.
4) Connie Sellecca: Won two Battys, and I am proud to say neither was for "Hottest Eighties TV Babe" or something like that.
5) Evel Knievel: In the time it's taken you to read this post, Evel has broken two bones. And he died in 2007.
6) Supertrain: It premiered on this night in 1979, and television was never the same!
7) Alcoa Fantastic Finishes: Just in time for the big game, some uploaded examples of the best in-game commercial segment ever, including this one:
8) Bea Arthur: Hollywood and Levine just featured a great interview with Jim Vallely, who tells a hilarious story about writing a "Not!" joke (a la Wayne's World) for Dorothy and how Bea Arthur delivered it. I can't do it justice. Check it out here.
9) Up with People:(return from Top Ten #64): It's a year later, and I'd still rather watch this act than what we're gonna get at the Super Bowl later today. Here's another Up with People SB clip:
10) Allan Burns/Dustin Diamond: Rest in peace.