1) Exo-Man: He could have been the biggest superhero sensation of 1977, except that...he wasn't. Still, you should check out this week's podcast, in which we consider the NBC TV movie/unsold pilot and ponder what might have been while discussing what actually was.
2) David Ackroyd: We didn't spend a lot of time talking about him as a performer this week relative to his screen time, so here is another shout.
3) The Emmy nominations: Special congrats to BOTNS favorites who were nominated, like Marty Short and Henry Winkler.
4) MLB All-Star Game: I missed it, but it got good reviews! Let's go back to the 1983 All-Star Game for a big moment:
5) A. Martinez: Exo-Man's Rick Jones, if you will. As far as we're concerned, he's not just a Martinez, he's the martinez.
6) Marjoe's Country: Nashville: 50 years ago tonight, ABC devoted a late-night slot to this special co-starring Ernest Tubb and Hank Snow with the Genius Award winner. The real takeaway here is, hey, things might have been one way in 1973, but in 2023, this is all Marjoe's country.
7) World Snake Day: If you play with the snake, sooner or later, you're gonna get bit.
8) Hollywood Squares: Pluto TV just launched a 24/7 streaming channel devoted to--Wait, just the early 2000s episodes? No Jon Bauman, no sale!
9) This Is Your Life: Episodes from throughout all eras of the show's run are available now on FilmRise's streaming apps. Is it heartwarming? Cringy? Both? You decide!