1) The Baseball Bunch: Listen to this week's new podcast episode, and go back to the 1980s, a time when, as we all know, there was nothing at all wrong with baseball--no scandals, no illicit drugs, no labor .stoppages...just the fun of the game and zany antics.
2) Johnny Bench: Kudos again to the man who was not only one of the best catchers of all time, but one of the best hosts of a kids' show produced by MLB of all time.
3) Tommy Lasorda: "When I pitched and was gonna pitch against a team that had guys on it like Bevacqua, I'd send a limousine to get the [BEEP] to make sure he was in the [BEEP] lineup because I'd kick that [BEEP] any day of the week."
"Uh, Mr. Lasorda, all I asked was how you felt about being #3 this week."
4) Rhoda: Decades is running a marathon this weekend, and the show isn't streaming anywhere, so, viewers...this is your last chance!
5) Really Raquel: I watched this 1974 TV special recently, and I will say is that the title should have a comma before and a question mark after 'Raquel."
6) Head of the Class Season 3: Boy, it's like the Head of the Class DVDs come out earlier and earlier each year. Don't the kids to get to have a summer anymore?
7) The Love Boat: Let's try to get a minimum of several references to this series in our Facebook group each week.
8) National Hot Fudge Sundae Day: Anyone remember the show Hot Fudge?
9) Chet Lemon: I'm glad he comes off as a nice guy on The baseball Bunch because I think this has to be one of the best names of 1980s baseball--no Shooty Babbitt, but then, what is?
10) Jackie Mason: R.I.P.
Post a Comment