1) John Denver and Rowlf: One of the best things I saw this week was a simple yet heartfelt duet these two performed on 1978's John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together.
2) Lorne Michaels: The SNL grand poobah was honored at the Kennedy Center last week. I haven't seen any of it, but over/under on number of attempted imitations of him is 8.
3) Lisa Whelchel: Based on the buzz about her appearance on Live in Front of a Studio Audience, I believe she could get 3 or 4 Hallmark movies out of that spot. But some good things could happen to her, too!
4) National Ding-a-Ling Day: Not this:
5) 'Tis the Season to Be Ollie: Come for the opportunity to view a rare holiday special with original commercials. Stay for the crazy disco sequence:
6) Perry Como's French-Canadian Christmas: Now, that's a specific kind of Christmas! This special aired 40 years ago tonight on ABC:
7) Hess: Remember when those toy trucks were everywhere? I think they were all over the place when I was growing up, and we didn't have those stations in our area.
8) Bob Barker: 98 years old today!
9) COZI CONDENSED BOLD: It's still showcased on the network's home page! I wonder if it has a Christmas episode. I'm hoping they run a marathon soon.
10) Michael Nesmith: R.I.P. One of the coolest things of its time was the Monkees revival and how wide-ranging it was.