1) Ed McMahon: Born on this day in 1923, one of our favorites, multiple-time star of the podcast and a man known as Mr. Thanksgiving in these parts, the great Edward Leo Peter McMahon Jr. Every day can be Thanksgiving if you feel it in your heart, and how can you not when you hear this:
2) Carol Lynley: Also born today, the late Lynley, who starred in the Fantasy Island episode we spotlighted last season, "The Devil and Mandy Breem."
3) Amelia Earhart: A helmet worn by the aviator on a flight across the Atlantic fetched $825,000 at auction. In unrelated news, a Leisure World in New Jersey is getting a new indoor pool.
4) SAG Awards: Congrats to Jean Smart and Will Smith for their big wins last weekend.
5) National Oreo Cookie Day: Is it a coincidence that it's also National Dentist's Day?
6) Heathcliff and Dingbat: Pluto TV added this version of Heathcliff this week. The pairing ended when Dingbat launched an ill-fated Vegas show in an effort to get leverage for a new contract.
7) Chicago Story: 40 years ago tonight, this ambitious but short-lived series premiered on NBC. Of course TV and NBC are much different now; instead of one show, Chicago now takes up about 40% of its primetime lineup.
8) Neighbours: The long-running Australian sitcom that spawned the careers of Kylie Minogue and Russell Crowe is finally ending. Anyone else get the feeling that even now, 30 years later, they're afraid to tell Crowe?
9) NBA on CBS: As we wait for the new 1980s Lakers show on HBO, we are all wondering about the casting, but I don't care if the guy that plays magic gets it right. I want to know who is capturing the essence of Pat O'Brien.
10) Johnny Brown: R.I.P. to the memorable character actor. It seems difficult to pay proper respect to the man who played a character known as "Buffalo Butt" on Good Times.
Post a Comment