1) Wink Martindale: The game show icon turns 89 today, and that deserves a shout in and of itself. Wink also has one of the coolest YouTube channels out there.
2) The Flip Wilson Show: One of the most popular but most forgotten programs of the 1970s is now streaming, as Shout! Factory TV added a bunch of the half-hour syndie versions this month.
3) National Cookie Day: I don't really get into Christmas cookies. I mean, I eat them if they're there because, hey, they're cookies. Something like this is more my style, though:
4) CBS' holiday lineup: 50 years ago tonightt, CBS delivered the Christmas cheer and family goodness. Just look at this great lineup: How the Grinch Stole Christmas! at 8, Frosty the Snowman at 8:30, Perry Como's Winter Show at 9, and The New Bill Cosby Show at 10.
Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.
5) Ethel Merman: Judging by the numbers on our post earlier this week, I am starting to think Ethel isn't a "draw" anymore. What if we gave you Ethel singing a Christmas song? Or at least a song on a Christmas special?
6) Telly Savalas: Me-TV has run some inane stories lately, but all is forgiven when they write about Telly's clothing line. It's a skimpy article, but it's still worth reading.
7) Mr. Belvedere: Do we need an excuse? The man should be celebrated every day for surviving this incident Mike posted about in our Facebook group this week.
8) Falcon Crest: The popular nighttime soap premiered on this night in 1981, right after Dallas and The Dukes on CBS.
9) Marisa Tomei: Happy birthday to the star of A Different World and As the World Turns.
10) R.I.P.: Clarence Gilyard:
Post a Comment