2) The Leprechaun's Christmas Gold: Comic Book Resources ran a story on this oft-neglected Rankin-Bass special, but it neglected to mention our podcast. Go figure.
3) The Snoop Sisters: This NBC mystery wheel show featuring geriatric crimesolvers premiered 50 years ago tonight!
4) 1982 Christmas shows: 40 years ago tonight, it was a Christmas extravaganza! CBS had Grinch iand 'Twas the Night Before Christmas,and Deadly Encounter with Larry Hagman as a former combat pilot fighting mobsters--OK, that one isn't seasonal.
The Love Boat featured Mickey Rooney as...could it be Santa? A Perry Como special followed on ABC.
And even NBC offered Xmas episodes of Diff'rent Strokes and Silver Spoons.
5) National Twin Day: Let's celebrate Jack Tripper's "twin" Austin again!
6) Disco and toys: Two of reality's best things come together in this ad, a complement to the Christmas-themed one we posted last week.
7) The Liberty Bowl: 50 years ago today, Georgia Tech edged Iowa State 31-30. This year's edition features Arkanasas and Kansas in Memphis on December 28.
8) The Grinch: The iconic character we discussed in relation to his lesser-known Halloween special is all over the place this time of year. News articles say the Grinch is coming for retailers. Blow-up dolls of Grinchy are being used to circumvent HOV restrictions. Best of all, a Florida cop dressed up as a Grinch and gave onions to speeders.
9) Leonard Maltin: One of our favorite movie experts was born on this day in 1950, and we salute him even if, due to tired themes and uninspired commentary, he has to give this post...a 4.
Also, shout-out to Larry D. Mann, who would have been 100 today. Among his accomplishments was voicing the great Yukon Cornelius.
10) R.I.P. Stuart Margolin: