1) The Census: It's Census Week. Can we count on YOU?
2) FOX network: It's prime-time premiere (technically Joan Rivers' talk show kicked off the network months earlier) was April 5, 1987 with Married with Children at 7:00 and The Tracey Ullman Show at 7:30. Then it actually repeated those two shows for the next two hours!
Here's a great piece on the night from TV Obscurities. And isn't it funny to think of Married with Children as a 7:00 P.M. Sunday show?
3) Brent Musberger: Makes it on the list by virtue of this hat:
By the way, this uploader posted dozens of short clips from the NFC and AFC Championship games, and they are GOLD!
4) Dick Cavett: It's National Nebraska Day, and perhaps the most famous TV star born in the Cornhusker State is the talk show host, author, and Woody devotee:
5) Murder, She Wrote: The series is no longer on Prime Video, but you can catch it on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Yippee?
6) Frank Gorshin: One of the stars of the Legends of the Superheroes specials entered the world on this day in 1933.
7) The Love Boat: Set a course for Decades this weekend and enjoy the Weekend Binge of the quintessential television program (don't @ me).
8) The 1984 Orange Bowl: Speaking of the Cornhuskers, this isn't exactly the best moment in the state's sports history, but it is one of the most memorable:
9) Max Gail: Happy birthday to the former Wojo from Barney Miller!
10) Bill Withers: R.I.P.
Post a Comment