2) John Schuck: I recently found out he's actually a Conrad! How would he have stacked up in our Outstanding Conrad Battys category against the likes of Bain and Janis? I guess we'll never know.
3) Kate and Allie: I barely remember watching any of this show, but after spending so much time watching Susan St. James, I can't get the theme song out of my head.
4) Amelia Earhart Day: Never forget! (Click here for an explanation of this)
6) High Noon: Not TV, but this classic premiered 70 years ago today and was shown on TV many times through the years.
7) Major League Baseball's All-Star Game: Home Run Derby? BAH! It was more fun when the leagues were the leagues and the players at least pretended to kind of hate each other.
8) John P. Navin Jr.: Happy birthday also to the former co-star of Jennifer Slept Here:
9) Norman Lear: His birthday is Wednesday, and we're celebrating a few days early because, at the risk of being morbid, he turns 100 and we want to give him a shout here rather than in the traditional #10 slot. Also, his official YT channel posted this last week:
10) R.I.P. Rebecca Balding and Taurean Blacque: This first spot is from recent years, but it's awesome:
And here is Balding in one of my favorite opening sequences of all time, Makin' It: